1. On Menckeniana.
3. I hereby announce that I believe in both the Party-Pooper Principle, and the Pragmatic Party-Pooper Corollary. (Via Rob Sica.)
(Via Brad Jackson.)
6. Yes Virginia, we have a very progressive income tax system. Something to remember the next time someone tells you that the rich are not taxed enough in the United States.
7. Steven Levitt visits an old haunt of mine, explains the pricing policy–or lack of a coherent pricing policy–behind the chicken wings served there, and has me jonesing for a midnight run for the stuff.
8. Don Boudreaux does the dreary work of correcting paleoconservative misapprehensions regarding Adam Smith.
10. I love living near a big city, but I could really get used to this.