Boy, there is a lot to cover . . .
3. Speaking of chess, the contest between Ehsan Ghaem Maghami and Alik Gershon may turn out to be an epic one.
5. I guess no one’s going to call this guy a slacker.
6. A mystery solved.
7. John Maynard Keynes “really didn’t say everything [he] said.”
8. Any Cubs fan could have told you this. Time to raise those beer prices.
9. Recently discovered: Perhaps the earliest philosophy journal rejection letter.
11. Gosh, wouldn’t it be nice if someday we all had the decency to understand that mourning the demise of the Soviet Union is just as bad as mourning the demise of Nazi Germany? Thank God at least this latest bit of misplaced nostalgia was able to inspire funny, and on-point comments. Like this one, for example.