1. The presence of food nutrition labels does nothing to get people to eat healthier. A regulatory failure if ever I heard of one, and a cautionary tale for those who believe that our lives will get better if only we have more regulations to guide us.
3. Chinese state television crashes and burns.
4. Faulkner weeps.
5. Vladimir Nabokov: Expert lepidopterist.
6. Doctors: Consider yourselves warned.
7. “Scientists can now manufacture a synthetic version of the self-healing sticky substance that mussels use to anchor themselves to rocks in pounding ocean surf and surging tidal basins. A patent is pending on how to make the substance. Potential applications include use as an adhesive or coating for underwater machinery or in biomedical settings as a surgical adhesive or bonding agent for implants.”
9. Now, if you will excuse me, I need to go out and get myself injured by my own golf ball. It could be lucrative.